Using Truth Statements® to Combat Anxiety
By: Raychel Chumley
A few years ago, we developed the coaching concept called, “Truth Statements®.” In short, Truth Statements are the art of personalizing God’s Word. Speaking these statements out loud (even when you don’t believe them, yet!) shifts your thoughts, words, and actions and is an amazing way to help combat anxiety!
I want to share with you a few of my favorite Truth Statements®. I personally use these when anxiety or panic rears its ugly head.
- I will not fear. My God will help me. (from Isaiah 41:13)
- I am trusting God. He is my refuge and strength (from Psalm 91: 1-2)
- He is my Peace (from Ephesians 2:14)
- I am heard by God when I pray to Him. He will answer me. (from Psalm 34:4)
- I am not anxious about anything (from Philippians 4:6)
- I am not afraid. Jesus gives me peace (from John 14:27)
- My troubles will be forgotten and life will be bright. I am secure. I have hope. I am safe and not afraid. (Job 11:16-20)
You can write these Truth Statements® on Post-It notes and place them throughout your home and office. My favorite spots to put them are by my bedroom mirror, in my bathroom mirror, by the front door, and in my car. It’s a small but simple way I combat anxiety and panic.
Speaking these Truth Statements® out loud when you are feeling anxious will help you shift your thoughts and is an amazing tool to help combat anxiety!
Raychel Chumley is the Co-Founder and President of Big Blue Couch® Coaching, LLC. As a Life Coach, Author, and Speaker, Raychel is passionate about breaking bondage and speaking truth over women who find themselves in toxic relationships and broken circumstances. She is the author of the Bible Study, Unbroken: Embracing the Cracks that are Making You Whole. Raychel has a BS in Psychology and Biblical Counseling from Liberty University. She lives in North Dakota with her family.