Lies & Labels
Welcome to The Girls on the Big Blue Couch™ Show Episode 27
Every one of us battle from time to time with lies and labels that have been spoken over us from others or thought up in our own heads. These labels often begin in our childhoods and stick with us through the years, stopping us from walking in freedom and confidence of the life that we’ve been called to live. Today, the Girls get vulnerable and share some of their own lies and labels and how they began to retrain their brains to believe the TRUTH.
Maybe you can relate to some of OUR personal lies & labels…
- When my dad left my mom when I was in 9th grade, I took on the label of ABANDONED.
- When the boys made fun of how I looked in grade school I took on the label of UGLY.
- When girls I thought where my friends talked bad about me and left me out I took on the label of REJECTED.
- When I wanted to do something that cost money I was reminded that there was never enough and took on the label of POOR.
- When my friends excelled in sports, music, and theatre I stood in the background and took on the label of AFRAID.
- When I got purple glasses in middle school, I was labeled GEEK.
- When my parents built their dream house, I was labeled a RICH SNOB.
- I was born with Cystic Fibrosis, and when my classmates would read about the statistics of this disease, I was labeled SICK with an EXPIRATION DATE OF DYING BEFORE I WAS 30.
- When I participated in basketball or danceteam, I was labeled as NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
The good news is you don’t have to wait another day to overcome the lies and labels in your own life. You can start to overcome them today. But let us warn you. It’s going to take hard work. It’s going to take bravery. It’s going to take courage. It’s going to take maturity. It’s going to take you being willing to be with yourself and those around you. But we promise you it will be worth it. Today’s action step will help you get started…
Download our GIFT to you! 7 Days of FREE Coaching to help you Feed Your Mind with Truth! Click here to get started!
If you want to take these episodes with you, remember to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!