Grab n’ Go Lifestyle Tips
Welcome to The Girls on the Big Blue Couch™ Show Episode 14. Today we have a Health Coaching Segment that will give you some tips for some Grab n’ Go Healthy Living Habits that let’s face it, we all need.
Failing to plan is the number one pitfall of healthy lifestyles. Even as a health coach, if I’m not on the ball, I risk falling into the same temptations when it comes to snacks and breakfast. Don’t lose heart! There is a way to eat healthy on the go. Here are some quick tips to help you along the way.
1. Schedule one day at the beginning of your week to wash, cut, and portion out snacks. This will take roughly 30-60 minutes, but will go much faster if you get the whole family involved!
2. Be sure to have the necessary tools handy. You will need snack size ziplock bags and a 1 cup measuring utensil to measure out snacks.
3. Snack ideas to put together:
- Carrot sticks or baby carrots
- grape tomatoes (could mix with carrots and celery for a veggie medley)
- green pepper slices
- mixed nuts
- hard boiled eggs (no need to portion these out ahead of time. Simply boil them and keep them in a dish in the fridge, then grab them and go, or add them to a larger Ziploc baggie snack pack.)
If you prefer dip for your veggie snacks, portion out your dip choice into a small Tupperware container.
4. Smoothies make a great snack or breakfast choice. My favorite includes 100% orange juice, frozen pineapple, spinach, and Juice Plus+ Complete Vanilla Shake Mix (But any protein mix will work). Plan ahead by portioning out the spinach and pineapple for each shake and storing them in the freezer in a freezer proof Ziploc baggie. Just add the juice and shake mix right before you blend it all together. On the go cups with straws make it easy and fun to drink this anywhere. Yum!
5. Breakfast on the go can be as simple as a smoothie or leftovers from last nights dinner. Simply save the leftovers in a pre-portioned Tupperware container and away you go! This works for hot or cold items.
6. Salad In A Jar is a great way to eat a healthy salad without trying to figure out what to make the morning you feel like eating it! Prep 5-7 jars ahead of time (like over the weekend. It will only take about an hour). You can find my favorite recipe HERE!
Healthy living requires that you take action. Share with us below, which grab n’ go lifestyle tip do you plan on activating this week?
If you want to take these episodes with you, remember to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes