23 Ways to Live a Beautiful Life
by: Raychel Chumley
- Don’t waste your energy on gossip, people that suck your energy, issues of the past, negative thoughts, or things you cannot control.
- One of the greatest things someone has over told me is that you don’t have to think about every thought that comes in your head. Seriously! When trash enters your thoughts get rid of it! You do have a choice. Think about what you’re thinking about.
- Remember…it’s not who you are that holds you back. It’s who you think you are not.
- Upgrade your sweatpants. Seriously. Put a little effort into your comfy clothes and night attire. Trade in those ugly stained sweats for some slim fitting one’s like yoga pants. There are comfy and they make your butt look good.
- Need to get out the door in a hurry? 5 minutes is all it takes to apply your makeup and look your best. Smooth out your complexion with concealer and a great tinted moisturizer. Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara. Groom and fill in your eyebrows. Apply a pop of pink blush and a touch of lip balm and you are on your way out the door looking and feeling fabulous in no time.
- Remember…God is within her, she will not fall. (Psalm 46:5)
- Beautiful skin comes from the inside. Eat lots of fruit and veggies and keep hydrated by drinking lots of water!!
- You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bit bigger, darlin’
- Time does not make your forget; but, it does make you more able to forgive. Give yourself some time to work through a hurtful issue but don’t stay stuck in un-forgiveness and bitterness forever. It’s like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Time really does heal if you let it.
- You are doing OK, Mom. Really, you are.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. It’s ok that couples don’t agree about everything. Make the choice that the relationship is more important than the issue.
- Make peace with your past. Forgive those who you’ve been holding grudges against. Get over your jealousy and comparing yourself to others. All these things are keeping you stuck and unhappy in your present. Get over it!
- Just like a picture frame frames a picture, eyebrows frame your face. They define your features and make you look younger. Do not neglect them!! Make sure they are well-groomed (this should really be left to a professional!) and fill in holes and sparse areas with an eyebrow pencil. Never pencil in your whole eyebrow, this looks harsh and ages you. This girl never leaves home without her eyebrows on 😉
- Scent rises! Don’t forget to spray your perfume and body spray on your ankles and behind your knees.
- Your first thoughts in the morning have a direct effect on how the rest of your day goes. Instead of checking your phone, email, or Facebook first thing in the morning, put a devotional app on your phone and read that when you first wake up. 5-10 minutes is all it takes to read a quick devotional, a few bible verses, and say a quick prayer ask God to direct your day. It is 5 minutes that can literally change everything.
- Remember…Life isn’t fair. God is still good.
- Change your life by being generous. Be generous with you time, your money, and your talents. Help the need. Give money graciously. Go above and beyond what is asked of you. Be a giver not a taker.
- Exfoliate your skin at least 2x a week with an exfoliating sugar scrub. Exfoliating will keep your skin young looking and better hydrated.
- Beauty sleep is not an old-wives tale. Sleep is one of the best weapons in your beauty arsenal. Want to look better and feel better…sleep more! Lack of sleep leaves your skin dull and lacking oxygen. This leads to dehydration. Dehydration leads to wrinkles. Seriously, sleep ladies!
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Self-care is sexy!
- Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds and foods that literally stop aging in its tracks. More food that grows on trees and plants and less food that is manufactured in plants!
- Gratitude has been proven to combat symptoms of depression. Every night journal 1-3 things that you are grateful for, or went right that day. If you are not a journal person take a few minutes before you fall asleep to reflect on your day and pick things to be grateful for.
Have a blessed day!